Original artwork (excluding Sale items)
Original artwork (excluding Sale items) can be returned for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- you inform us by emailing email@example.com BEFORE returning the artwork
- the return process is begun within seven (7) days of receiving the artwork
- the artwork is returned undamaged* and appropriately packaged via Australia Post
- proof of purchase (receipt/tax invoice) is included with the artwork
- you (the customer) pay for the return
- you (the customer) purchase adequate transit insurance
- the artwork is returned to our studio address (which will be emailed to you once the return process has been initiated) and NOT our PO box.
* If returned artwork arrives damaged, then no refund will be provided by Haydon Art. Instead, it will be your responsibility to make a claim on the insurance you purchased from Australia Post.
Other products (excluding original artwork)
We will NOT provide a refund or replacement if you changed your mind, ordered the wrong product/size, found a better or cheaper product elsewhere, were aware of a relevant fault before buying the product, damaged the product by misusing it, or used the product for a long time and the problem is a result of usual wear and tear.
However, if an item is faulty or damaged (or has one of the problems listed below), we will provide a refund or replacement. You can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem. This is when the item:
- has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- is unsafe
- is significantly different from the sample or description
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is not major, we may choose to repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired within a reasonable time, you can choose a refund or replacement.
Please keep proof of purchase—e.g. your receipt/tax invoice.
(This information was taken from ACCC Infocentre, ph 1300 302 502, www.accc.gov.au and from www.consumer.vic.gov.au.)
To begin the refund or exchange process for a faulty or damaged item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- with a photograph of the problem item
- and your receipt or proof of purchase.
You must begin the refund or exchange process within fourteen (14) days of having received the item.
Exchanges will be processed as quickly as possible. Please note that there may be some delays during the busy Christmas season.
Any refund due to you will be applied to your original method of payment.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If we have informed you that we have issued your refund, but you have not received your refund within a reasonable amount of time, please check your original payment method (e.g. credit card or PayPal account) one more time before contacting us at email@example.com.
Return postage (if applicable)
We will cover the cost of return postage for faulty or damaged items, if applicable. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. In some instances e.g. if a mug arrives damaged, we may not require the item to be returned. Instead, we may just require a photograph of the damage/fault.
If a small item is to be returned to us, our postal address is:
PO Box 3413, Mornington, Vic, 3931
Please do not return an item without emailing us first.
Artwork MUST NOT be returned to our PO box.
Artwork that arrives damaged (if applicable)
If original artwork that you purchased is found to be faulty or damaged upon arrival at your delivery address it cannot be replaced with an exact replica. If artwork you purchased is faulty or arrives damaged and you choose a more expensive piece of art as a replacement, any difference in the price of the artwork must be paid by you. If the artwork chosen as a replacement is cheaper than the original piece bought by you, you will be refunded the difference. If artwork arrived at your delivery address damaged or faulty and we require it to be returned, we will pay for it to be shipped to our studio (not our PO box). Details will be provided in an email.
If you have any queries regarding our return policy, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at PO Box 3413, Mornington, Vic, 3931.
LAST UPDATED: 2 November 2021